Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lube and Latte - Crimestoppers!



I am hoping that the information I am about to post does not come off as crude - frankly, I am just kinda stunned by some of the things that happen to me as a business owner and I cross my fingers that readers of this blog find the hilarity of certain situations as much as I do. That said, aside from the inside scoop, which I'm going to post each week, I feel obliged to share events that occur here on a regular basis so that you may know the extent of my psychological well-being (minimal).

Alas, there was an arrest made at Lube and Latte this morning. There my staff was, peaceful as doves on a promenade of the stoop, when who should arrive through the door: The Fuzz. They explained that they had made 83 arrests this month of men suspected of seeking minors for illicit acts. The two men and two women police people then proceeded to describe how they would be meeting one of these suspects at Lube and Latte - then they ordered a couple of mochas and an americano (yes, tips were included on their receipts). One of the cops spoke on the phone to the suspect in Spanish, she being the supposed minor. The man, on the other end of the line was to be rolling up in a fancy white Mercedes-Benz (this turned out to be a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am). When the guy arrived, he popped out of his Mercedes-Pontiac, sauntered over to the wooden bench on the porch, sat down next to the woman police officer and then, a few nano-seconds later, had some hand-cuffs slapped on his wrists. He claimed not to be the sought after marauder, except that his phone rang when they called it again (curse you T-Mobile). There it is, the 84th arrest!

The officers left us with a few Cheezo pamphlets (a yellow pink panther who helps advise kids to stay away from creeps like this on the internet) and a business card. Ok, so this type of situation is not a laughing matter...except...are you serious? At Lube and Latte? Why Lube and Latte? I kid you not, we had no warning of this visit. Worse, the Pontiac-Benz is still here! No tow-away in sight. Sigh...

2 comments:

Sarah L said...

Will we see the shop on the next episodes of Cops? Crazy!!!

bhole said...

Just got back from CA and got a chance to read your blog. Hilarious! Is the Mercedez still there? You need to syndicate this whole thing! I need to look for a new meeting place I guess.